How to get to Guimarães:
From Oporto airport – Aeroporto Sá Carneiro
The closest airport to Guimarães is Sá Carneiro Airport in Oporto, about 50 km away. From this point, and in addition to taxi service, there are two good available solutions:
1. By bus: GETBUS – direct bus from Porto’ Francisco Sá Carneiro Airport (OPO) to Guimarães –https://getbus.eu/en/guimaraes-airport-guimaraes/
2. Metro/Light rail + train to get to Guimarães:
- If arriving at the airport take metro line E is available : Airport -> Estádio do Dragão (violet line). If you are at the center of Porto just take Metro line E or the train at S. Bento train station to Campanhã train station.
- Stop and get off the metro at Campanhã with direct access to the Campanhã Railway Station (Porto’ main railway station). If traveling by train from Lisbon or Galicia stepdown at Campanhã also and take the train to Guimarães (from Lisbon there are also Intercity direct trains to Guimarães)
- Trains (https://www.cp.pt/passageiros/en) bound for Guimarães depart from the station of Campanhã.
- Guimarães train station is at a very short walk to the conference venue (Hotel de Guimarães)